Saturday, January 5, 2008

Today is the last day


The tree comes down tomorrow. We keep our tree up till the sixth and seeing how that is tomorrow I will be taking down the decorations and lights and packing them up for next year. It seems like Christmas came and went very quickly this year. We enjoyed our time with the girls and with Steve's family. It would have been nice if we could have financially been able to make a trip to see my folks but as Steve had just returned to work the timing was all wrong. And then the weather took a nasty turn at the same time so even if I had the money there would have been no driving to California for us. The picture is of the ornament Sarah gave me last Christmas. It is pretty heavy and so when I hung it I had to make sure there was a supporting branch underneath or it would have just fallen off the tree. As I write this Steve is downstairs watching the second of the Lord of the Rings movies with Graham and Ella. I should be doing laundry but I will just have to do that tomorrow. Lisa was here most of the afternoon working on a gift for Buck. His birthday is next month on the 28th and she is making a small scrapbook of their trip to North Carolina and the NASCAR event.

No comments: