Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Info for my scrapping friends...


Look, look!! The last time I scrapped at Scrapbook Fever I ran across one of the latest Cricut cartridges. I had several punch cards that had been languishing in my card case so I used them to purchase it for fifteen dollars! I just love those double punch days. Great bunch of stuff on this cartridge and I will bring it with me the next time we get together. Sorry the picture isn't that great I was tired last night when I took the picture. I am still trying to catch up on my sleep from the holidays. Our niece Ella (11) and nephew Graham (13) came over last night and watched the first half of the movie "Lord of the Rings; The Fellowship of the Ring" with Steve. They have each read all of the books several times but had not seen any of the movies. It can be difficult to even watch them when they are televised as their parents do not have a television in their home, by choice. When ever I mention this to someone I know they get a shocked expression on their faces and ask why. I used wonder myself but seeing how well they read and how well read these kids are it appears to be a wise decision. This isn't something everyone can do but it definitely fosters communication with your children and doesn't allow you to relinquish your role as parent to the television.

No comments: