Saturday, October 6, 2007

What a day...


It started out good, hubby snuggled with me till the alarm went off at 6. He and Jerry Torresdal, a Pratum School classmate and neighbor, were flying out to Twin Oaks to the pancake feed. He dropped Jerry off at McNary Field here in Salem at about eleven-thirty and then flew to Hillsboro to a luncheon and monthly meeting of the Short Wing Piper Club that he belongs to. In the meantime my day started going downhill and rather fast. I slipped and fell in the tub so my left leg and my right knee are bruised. Lisa flaked out on me leaving for Corvallis and the OSU game instead of stopping by here, so I had to go to her house use my spare key and get my memory card for my camera. Then Sarah who said she would be here roughly around noon didn't show up till much later. Then I went to put my camera card in the reader and it wouldn't even acknowledge that it was in the reader. Suffice it to say I was not a happy mom. I didn't get to run the errands I planned on doing and then I realized at around 4:30 my dear husband hadn't gotten home yet. Lunch would have ended hours ago and I was getting worried. He left his phone here because the battery was dead so there was no way to reach him. Of course, time gets away from him when he is with his pilot buddies. He didn't realize he had been gone that long. By the time he did get home I was on the verge of tears from worry. It has been a long time since I have done that and I did break down. I didn't even realize how worried I was till he walked in the door. The tears weren't from fear anymore but relief. Though I know he is safer in the air than on the road, I still worry. I can't help myself I just love him to pieces.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

ugh gag me :) and in my defense, i DID get there at noon. i thought i would be there around eleven...so there!