Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Flight path

You can't escape the helicopters and the crop dusting here in the country. In the past I hardly noticed the small planes that flew over our house. It appears that we are on a flight path to and from somewhere thanks to McNary Field (Salem Airport). That has all changed. Sometimes it is all I can do to not cry and then I think of how much Steve enjoyed flying. I look at the sky at times and think to myself he would have loved the day because it would have been perfect for flying. Contrary to what people might think I don't hate small planes but I do have a different reaction to hearing them than I had in the past. The sound reminds me how much I love and miss him...

2 comments:

Katherine said...

“Perhaps they are not stars, but rather openings in heaven where the love of our lost ones pours through and shines down upon us to let us know they are happy.”


Thinking of you...

Mary Lou said...

Thanks Katherine. I think of you and Kelly all the time. I am doing the best I can all things considered.