Thursday, June 4, 2009

Honestly, it isn't Kansas Dorothy...

You sure wouldn't know it by the thunderstorm that went through here today. There were winds in some places in the seventies and rain oh my goodness we had over an inch inside a half hour! Now, i know some of you transplanted midwesterners are laughing at all us northwesterners but come on we NEVER see thunderstorms like that. Oh, and I didn't mention that the warning included a "tornado watch". Buck called me about 3:45 and asked if I was watching tv or listening to the radio. No and no was my response. Then he told me about the tornado warning. Within minutes Sarah was calling me telling me I should take my cars up to Norma's and put them in the shed in case the hail gets really bad. But it was already too late as the sky was pitch black, the wind was really picking up and the rain had just started. So I ran about the house shutting off computers and then praying it wouldn't get as bad as the news was reporting...

No comments: