Thursday, June 25, 2009

Class acts, not...

Sarah's stressing thanks to some not so cool people. It seems that some think it is okay to ask why they were not invited to the wedding. I would think that if you are chosen to be invited it is because you hold a special place in the wedding couples hearts and lives. Acquaintances, co-workers and even some family have not been invited. The reasons range from distance (miles) to cost saving measures. The list of people that they chose to invite was a long one and it had to be pared down due to space and cost. Sarah has not been employed since December and Nate has been laid off (temporarily) since May I believe. As mother of the bride with virtually no money it was a necessity. What I find so unclassy about this whole thing is they are actually calling her and asking her directly. She shouldn't have to justify her decision to these people. As I told her just lay that on me as it isn't a lie. I don't have the money to feed the entire city of Salem...

ETA: I spoke to another young lady that I know that is getting married in a couple of weeks and she has gotten these kinds of calls too. Wow...

No comments: