Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Why Me???

I was in my zone! I started emptying out the dishwasher, putting the others away out of the dish drainer and set to wash what was sitting in the sink. Turned on the hot water, put the breakfast dishes in the dishwasher and started filling the sink with dish soap. When I went to turn off the water the faucet broke! Of course in the on position and being 'home repair' challenged I freaked. Unplugged the sink so it wouldn't over flow and called my brother-in-law Raymond. He came right over and said "Yep, broken". He also told me the whole thing should be replaced as it is a cheap piece of junk. He doesn't know his brother, Steve will want me to get the parts to fix it. I have a feeling that I should just stay home and read a book...
ETA: I finally spoke to Steve and he left it up to me. Yes he would have just bought the parts and fixed it but he said if I wanted a new faucet it was up to me. Home Depot was the place to go to. But be prepared they had like a couple of dozen styles and models and so many choices along with that task...

No comments: