Thursday, March 13, 2008

Angel challenge...


This month's Kat's challenge is to do a two page layout on an/the angel in your life. She didn't say if the angel had to be with us (living) or not. But I am guessing it is what you interpret your angel to be. I have chosen my late maternal Grandmother Emilia. As a young girl I spent many a summer vacation with her at her home in Bakersfield, CA. Some summers we drove to Las Cruces, New Mexico to visit her brother Eliseo and his wife Mary. I will never forget the summer rain and thunderstorms there. It could be bright and sunny one minute then dark and stormy literally in the next. Sometimes it was both. One summer we went to the Grand Canyon and another we drove to Hermosillo, Mexico to get copies of her birth certificate. The state at the time she was born didn't keep birth records, the local churches did that. The church where my grandmother's birth record was recorded had a fire and a good many were lost, including hers. I believe this was the trip where I had my first adult beverage at eighteen, a Tom Collins, that my Aunt Carmen bought for me. This picture is not great, as it is a scanned copy of a badly handled picture. I believe she was in her early thirties.

No comments: