Thursday, August 30, 2007

Card class...






On September 19th I will teach my first class at my local scrapbook store. I just finished submitting my finished samples and now I am working on the instruction sheet I will be putting in the kits. I still have three weeks to be nervous and since I have to start designing my cards for my October class there is no time. Ask me when the 19th comes around. The store has for the last couple of months had drawings for free goodies. Last month all you had to do is spend $30 and you received a ticket for the drawing. So everytime you spent that amount you got another ticket. The prize was a two hundred dollar gift certificate! Then they also offered extra goodie bags for those who didn't win the big prize. It was lots of fun. Well they did it again this month only the prize was a 30 second shopping spree! But the caveat was you had to spend $50 dollars this time and if you were a VIP member you got another free drawing ticket. So you can imagine the store was packed again. This time someone who had never won anything before won and she really looked overwhelmed. They emptied the store so she could shop unimpeded. She wasn't really prepared to shop so was a little slow at it but some of the employees helped her. Then the store owner decided to give her a special offer, take what she had brought to the counter or a Cricket Expression die cutting machine. The customer being a "Quickutz" girl passed, to which there were lots of moans in the store. The retail of this wonderful thing is almost $500! Shelly, the store owner I think was so impressed she gave her a Silhouette instead. It is another die cutting machine that works with your computer and retails for $369. I think all in all the customer left the store with almost five hundred dollars in store product, not to shabby for thirty seconds! I attend these things for fun because I don't usually win anything but I did! A big basket full of paper kits, paper, embellishments and lots of other goodies. This was worth having dinner late. I am posting the pictures of the cards that we will be making in my class. Enjoy...

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I love the cute little snow flake one, I want one of those!