Monday, August 20, 2007

Cavanaugh Bay


It seems as though Steve has been gone for a week when in fact it has only been four days. It has been pretty quiet here and I have total control of the tv remote. But I have to say it is too quiet and I do miss my sweetie. He left Friday morning to go "plane" camping with some of his pilot buddies. This is the usual time of the year that they go and the destination has been Johnson Creek in Idaho but the last couple of years there has been too much smoke from the forest fires for the intrepid pilots. So they tried Red's Horse Ranch last year and this year Cavanaugh Bay. Steve called when he got there and said it was really nice. He personally didn't have cell service but his friend Dave did so he used his phone. I have to admit that it is nice to hear that he arrives at his destination. The plan was to return yesterday but the weather prevented that from happening. They spent the night last night in Davenport, Washington and I heard from Steve at about nine this morning saying they were in Yakima. But of course the weather hasn't been to great here and I let him know. One of the guys was having some electrical problems with his plane so they were going to get that fixed before they took off again. I am hoping to see him tonight but I may have to wait another day. The picture is of N6913D that Steve sold at the end of last year. I don't have any photos of his new plane as they are all on his computer which means I am going to have to take some of my own.

No comments: