Tuesday, August 21, 2007

The Dalles then Hood River... and Sarah

Well once again the infamous Oregon weather had a say in Steve's return flight home. After staying in Davenport for the night the following morning the pilots flew into Yakima. He called me to say they were on their way. A fuel stop and potty break at The Dalles and then on home or so they thought. They hit a "wall" of weather that Steve didn't feel good about trying to fly into so he turned around and went back and landed at Hood River. They stayed about an hour or so and then took off again this time he made it home. He called me at about 6 to say he was at Lansem Field. Thank goodness was all I could think when I hung up the phone. Being a pilots wife, if you like to fly, is really fun I understand but I know why. These women aren't on the ground waiting to hear that their sweeties are safely on terra firma. I guess I won't know what that will be like till I get over my fear of flying, gee... On another thought; Sarah and Nate are on their way home from California. They left Julie's house in San Jose at 9AM so they should be home before too long. I can hardly wait to see my Sarah.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

It's soo good to be home! :)