Sunday, May 17, 2009

Wind, rain and sun...

We arrived in Lincoln City on Wednesday and it was pouring down rain! It didn't matter to us though as we weren't really there to go sightseeing. We unloaded the cars and got right to the business of having fun. Which included eating, drinking, laughing, scrapbooking and cooing over Cash. Janet was mildly successful on getting a fire started but the wind seemed to keep putting out the flames. Our guess was that the wood was too green. We brought movies to watch and books to read in case we had creative blocks.

We woke Thursday to some fog and clouds but it cleared up by the afternoon. I spent the day working on cards for my card class on June 1st. Sarah and Janet took Cash on to the beach to put his toes in the sand. Janet got some great pictures of him and Sarah. We missed watching the season finale of Greys Anatomy because we were watching "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button". That was a real snooze fest. Sorry but Brad Pitt doesn't always pick the best screen plays.

Friday we woke to another beautiful day. In fact it wouldn't have taken much to convince me to stay another day but I had a card class to teach at one and we had to be out of the condo by eleven. It is amazing that we can pack so much better on our return trips than our destination ones. Cash did really well considering it wasn't his regular bed. He had three grandmas to choose from when he whined for attention and of course we didn't fail him. I had a great time, like I always do when I spend time with my dear friends.

No comments: