Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Telemarketer hell...

In the last four days I have received calls asking to talk to Steve! I find that when I tell them that he passed away last month, there is a moment of stunned silence followed by an apology. But so far no one has volunteered to take his name off their call lists. What a big pain in the back side this is.

ETA: I just received in the mail a notice from American Express addressed to the estate of Steven Fordyce. The were notified by the Social Security Administration that he had passed away. They offer their condolences and help with handling the account. They, of course are concerned about the balance. They do offer to transfer the account to someone else who is listed on the account. Good thing or I might be tempted to close it but I like having it to use at Costco when the need arises...

No comments: