Saturday, August 23, 2008

Twenty-two years...


Besides the proof of all the aches, pains, the gray hair, the wrinkles and the grown up children it just does not seem possible that we have been married twenty-two years today. At this very time all those years ago we were having (or I should say trying) our first meal together as a married couple. I remember what I did have was delicious but we didn't get to eat much. After the Oregon contingent of guests loaded up into the motor home for their return trip we took notice at how quiet the place had become. Our bedroom looked like an explosion had occurred in it and thanks to Dan our photographer I actually have proof. Once my parents had gotten Lisa's clothes together and left for home we decided to take off that night for our honeymoon. It was by the seat of our pants since we had no reservations and no real plans but to drive up the coast. Lots of fun and memories that I will cherish forever; from spending my wedding night sleeping in the bug, the cottage overlooking the ocean in Yreka (long hysterical story attached) to the walk in the redwoods it was wonderful and yes I would do it all again. Well except the sleeping in the bug...

ETA: This picture was taken of us at a Halloween "twenties" themed party that Craig and Lisa had thrown. Goodness we were young!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

heh heh heh...so. many. jokes.