Tuesday, June 17, 2008

All things "car"...


I know I have an older vehicle so I can naturally expect it to have aging problems but do they have to be all at the same time?!! A few months back my check engine light came on. I called my mechanic and explained that it had been going on and off for several months should I be concerned. He said it was probably a sensor of some description and that if my car was running good not to worry about, so I didn't. Then Sarah's Honda started acting up and she borrowed my car. I forgot to tell her about the sensor light. Her day started with hers not running and then mine tripping a light. Nate said she got into the apartment and was literally sobbing saying she was jinxing all cars she drove. She called me when she had calmed down a bit and then I explained to her that the light had been doing that for awhile. She was not a happy with me because I didn't tell her in advance. Geez.. Well a couple weeks back the car started over heating so I took it in and he replaced my thermostat and the sensor that was bad. So a couple a hundred dollars later and with instructions to have my tires rotated and balanced I was on my way home. To say the least I have been fairly busy and just got around to taking my car in to Les Schwab this morning. A mere ten minutes after being there the tire guy tells me I need to replace one tire and suggested two. Then he heaped more bad news by saying I need to replace the struts in the back as one was completely blown and they recommend doing both when they replace one. And my brakes are going to need work pretty soon. Okay this is the cloud, where is the silver lining for crying out loud??

1 comment:

Sarah said...

just get a new car. duh :)