Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Christmas traditions...




Steve took the girls to get our Christmas trees last Saturday. This tradition started some years ago. Steve would hook up the little trailer to our big vehicle, make sure Sarah had her rubber boots on and grab the saw to go in search of the perfect tree. I don't remember Lisa ever going along with them so it has been a "Sarah and Dad" special trip for many years. This year Lisa wanted to go along too, so they all met here. After Steve hooked the trailer up to the Excursion they jumped in and were off to get some trees. We would trade years getting the tree of "my" choice, the Noble Fir and everyone else's choice, the Grand Fir. My family said the Noble looked like a Charlie Brown tree, which is really why I liked it. I loved the fact that the ornaments actually hung on the branches versus laying on the outside of the tree. Well, tree growers have met the demands of the consumer and have genetically produced a tree with the qualities of both trees. Lots of branches but still the ability to hang the ornaments. The color is very appealing and if you keep them watered they will last for a very long time. The pictures were taken by Sarah since I do not go on these little tree hunts. They got a tree for Grandma Norma, one for us and a little two footer for Sarah. Lisa and Buck had gotten their tree already from one of his customers at Napa and Sarah needed the small tree to put on a table so the ferrets wouldn't destroy the tree. This is the second year that I have decorated my tree without Sarah's help and it isn't as much fun either. But as tradition holds I put in the movie "White Christmas" and decorated the tree. I need to get some pictures taken before I forget...

No comments: