Thursday, December 27, 2007

Christmas at the Fordyce's


I think my mother-in-law needs a bigger house!! We spent the evening last night at her house doing the "Fordyce" extended family Christmas and we were packed in there like sardines. Of course, I should also add that there was a card table and another four foot table added in her living room so people could have a place to sit and eat their dinner. Once the meal was over and tables removed it was a lot roomier. I totally enjoy watching Raymond and Annette's children open their gifts, with such wonder in their eyes and joy on their faces. This year the books "The Daring Book for Girls" and "The Dangerous Book for Boys" was a big hit. Both Chris and I bought a set of the books. I chose to give my set of books to Ella and Robert while Chris gave them to share among the older children. So it works out that each of them will now have their own copy. Chris went one step further and put together a kit for each of the kids with basics stuff to use while trying some of the things that the book recommends. Katy's husband Adam gave her a Nikon D40 and Nate gave Sarah the latest ipod, both girls are on cloud nine. And I think you can tell by the smile on my mother-in-law Norma's face that her biggest gift was having her family together for the holiday.

No comments: