Friday, November 23, 2007

So thankful...







My holiday didn't start out so great. I had a late lunch with Sarah and our friend Julie on Wednesday. On my way home I stopped at Fred Meyers to get the last few things I needed for our Thanksgiving dinner and while shopping my car was hit. I had just finished at the check out and was apparently leaving the store when I was paged. I arrived at my car to find one of the store managers sweeping up the remnants of my tail light. The woman that had hit my car was retrieving her insurance info and I was thinking "I know this woman". Sure enough when we exchanged cards we discovered we both live in Pratum. Her grandchildren went to school with Sarah. I guess my brain hasn't completely failed me, I did recognize the lady who hit my car. Her insurance company called me that evening but in the meantime I will have to drive the Excursion until I can get a couple of light bulbs to replace the broken ones. The insurance won't be doing anything on my car till after the holidays, not a surprise. Because our house isn't big enough to hold our Thanksgiving get together we did it at Lisa and Bucks. It was very nice to have lots of room to move around. I took the turkey over and cooked it there. Chris brought her famous cheesy potatoes, Norma brought pumpkin pie and Buck made a chocolate torte that stole the show. We watched football, though it wasn't Steve's or my preference but then it wasn't our house. But the "young ones" switched channels back and forth between the games and we watched the Roloff's "Little People, Big World" too. The pictures are of Steve, Sarah and Lisa with their coffee, Lisa and Buck doing the clean up after dinner and the damages to my car. :( I am thankful no one was hurt when my car was hit...

ETA: I just finished reading my dear friend Janet's blog. Her grandpa passed away Wednesday night. It's so very hard to lose a loved one, but this time of year makes it doubly hard. Our love and prayers go out to you dear Janet...

1 comment:

Sarah said...

those first few pictures have a weird blue tint to them...i can show you how to fix that sometime :)

(oh and i am a loser...didn't take a single picture on thanksgiving. i suck.)