Monday, November 5, 2007

My very Happy birthday

It started out with my dear friends Mary and Camille singing happy birthday to me at 5:15 in the morning yesterday. To say the very least they both scared the daylights out of me. I was not expecting that as I had hoped to sneak into the hotel room grab some allergy meds and leave without waking anyone. I received a call from my brother Joe on Saturday evening but I wasn't home and so he had to leave a message. The same thing happened when my Uncle Robert called on Sunday afternoon. My brother Tom called me Sunday morning from work but we were in the middle of taking pictures and I couldn't get to my phone. I had been with a bunch of ladies scrapbooking at the Renaissance Inn in Keizer. Then my Dad and Mom called and we chatted for a bit, that is of course when my phone started making it's low battery sounds. I received a text message from Lisa wishing me a happy birthday and I responded by saying that if she needed to reach me call home as my cell phone battery was almost dead. I sent another text to Sarah saying the same thing and then I called Steve to tell him if he needed to reach me to call Mary's cell. As you can tell by this story I left my charger here at home. Lisa and Sarah invited us out to dinner for our birthdays. So we went to my favorite place, Willamette Noodle for dinner. We took my mother-in-law with us and met the girls and their sweeties at the restaurant. We had a great time laughing and just generally catching up. Lisa gave me a gift set of Warm Vanilla Sugar from Bath and Body Works, Sarah gave me a camera strap for my camera from Emily Falconbridge and Steve gave me a new chair for my computer desk. I also got lots of hugs and kisses from family and friends. So I would say that my birthday was pretty terrific.

No comments: