Sunday, November 11, 2007

Emily Falconbridge...


Is the name of the person who made my camera strap that I received as a gift from Sarah. Em is one of Sarah's favorite scrapbook personalities who makes these straps and sells them on her Etsy site. I just got around to posting the picture. I am not to happy with it as it really doesn't show the true colors. Funny how much harder taking a picture of your new camera strap is when you have put it on the camera! I can just see Sarah rolling her eyes at this one. And the "girly" strap didn't deter Steve from borrowing my camera when he flew to Long Beach, Washington yesterday. Though he said he didn't get any time to use it. He recently, found a relative of his Dad's living in Long Beach. After a couple of attempts he was able to reach him. So Steve and his mom flew there to visit and get some family genealogy stuff. Albert will be 89 years old and Steve said he seems to be doing pretty good for his age. Steve came home with some pictures to scan and learned about Albert's military service. Albert hadn't been able to find some of the family stuff that would have been really useful to Steve. Steve's window of time to spend visiting was small since he needed to be back in time to land at Lasarti Field before dark so I am assuming he will be flying back up to see his new "old" man friend.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Yay, you posted it! That's actually not a bad picture...but why didn't you take a picture of it in the mirror? Just a question :)

Mary Lou said...

Because I am a dork??