Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Karen Russell


On Saturday I took a photography question and answer class given by Karen Russell. It was four hours long and packed with so much information that I started to get what Steve calls system overload. The class really was geared to those of us who have digital SLR cameras but those who didn't also benefited from the information. She informed those who didn't have an SLR that this class may give them the "I wants". So when she covered lenses she managed to get the rest of the class too. I now have a f1.4, 50mm, fixed lens on my "I want" list. I never realized what a difference a lens could make when it came to taking pictures. There is one thing I would recommend for the next class, a potty break, four hours is a long time without one. So if you ever get the opportunity to take a class from Karen, do it. She is real chatty, hysterically funny, full of ideas and information. This picture isn't the greatest but I was using my camera without the flash indoors for the first time and it didn't turn out too bad.

No comments: