Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Bridgeport Village

Today I said yes to my best friend and neighbor Mary's invitation to go to the Container Store at Bridgeport Village in Tigard. Now I had heard that it was a high end shopping mall but didn't really believe it. But when we pulled into the mall (and I use this term loosely) we were both stunned. It looked like a small little town. There were no large parking areas to be seen just small spots like you would see in any downtown. Though hidden in the back against trees was a large parking structure. They had valet parking and a concierge. Very upscale; Carl Greve, Nau, BCBGMAXAZRIA, Chico's, Banana Republic, Patrick James, Cole Haan and Urban Outfitters to name a few. Definitely not stores we frequent let alone window shop at. We decided the country bumpkins would be just fine and we forged on. We bought a couple of things and then headed to Storables about five miles away and cheaper. We had fun chatting about her new grandson and our children, just the usual Mom stuff. Time sure goes by quickly when you are having fun so by the time we got back into town in was 1:30. The day pretty much shot so I wrote some email, put some laundry away and read my new scrapbooking magazine that came in. I can vacuum tomorrow as I know my housework won't disappear overnight, darn!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

See? I told you that the flash inside is a no-no :)