Thursday, January 1, 2009

A new year, a fresh start...

This is has become the chant of many people this past year. As a good many people are now in search of a job because of the economy. Many companies are downsizing, using smarter business practices and realize they can't afford to pay their employees so now their employees are looking for work. That unfortunately includes my Sarah who was set to return from maternity leave part time this next week. She stopped in to say hi at the office and to get some stuff to work on for next week when she was told she was laid off. Stunned and upset she called me. I went over to her place to console and give help in anyway I could. When I got there she was still visibly upset but seemed to have resolved somethings already and by the evening she already had some leads on new jobs. It also looks like Nate and her have figured out a way for her to work part time so she doesn't have to pay a babysitter. She is such a talented and smart young woman I think she will be just fine.

No comments: