Saturday, January 31, 2009

Home Sweet Home...NOT

I did not notice last night when I came in from scrapbooking with Camille that my house was a little on the cool side. So imagine my surprise when I woke this morning to my hubby starting a fire in the fireplace. It was also then that I noticed that it was awfully cold in the room. Yep, a balmy 61 degrees. To quote Sarah in times of distress "Holy crap!" Steve said we are out of fuel. Great. The co-op does not deliver on the weekends and he just put the last piece of firewood in the fireplace. So while I go to the grocery store Steve is going to get some fuel from a tank up at his mom's. He is going to get just enough to tie us over till we can get fuel delivered. So when I left for the store and some warmth, it was 67 but when I returned a mere hour later it had dropped to 65. Steve had got fuel but the furnace wouldn't start. We had to wait and try again later as dumping the fuel stirred up the stuff at the bottom of the tank and it was plugging up the filter. I am sitting with a shop heater at my feet for warmth while I write this. Steve has also managed to get the furnace started so we are on our way to a warm house again. I am still freezing so I am not giving up the heater without a fight. I also have managed to get a nasty head cold and I feel awful. Dang...
ETA: I just read this blog entry and it is so random in thoughts, sorry it is this damn cold medicine I am taking. I really shouldn't be writing.

No comments: