Wednesday, December 24, 2008

It is forty degrees!!!


And all of this will be a distant memory by the end of the week. Who would have thought that a couple of weeks ago when the weatherman said an artic front was moving in that it would have lasted this long. While I complain about the fact I can't get out of my driveway, I do really enjoy the look of the land freshly covered in snow. How quiet the road in front of my house becomes when it is too icy to drive on and people actually stay home. I don't know what the actual recorded snow amount for the Salem area is as I have not been able to watch the news since the ice storm hit a few days ago. You see a branch off our maple tree next to the house broke and took out my TV antennae. I am going to have to grab the rabbit ears I have in the spare room...

No comments: