Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Never too old...

I have discovered you are never too old to learn something new. I am still trying to conquer the world of computers and I believe this will be an on going learning experience for me. I continue to learn new and sometimes re-inventive ways to scrapbook my memories. I am continuing to learn how to take better pictures with my digital SLR. I am starting to understand some of Cash's 'baby' talk. He actually said "outside" the other evening clear as a bell, his dad was a witness. In the new column, I have learned that it is never too late to learn to pick your friends wisely. Whether you are six, twenty-six or fifty-six this lesson is a painful one. The fact that there are just some people and situations that will never change no matter how much you want them too. If there is one thing I learned from my first marriage is that wishing a person will change because they love you doesn't mean it will happen because they are probably wishing the same of you. And I continue to learn to appreciate the things I do have in my life. My wonderful family who make life so enjoyable.  I am not going to focus any energy on people or things that want to bring me down. So I take small steps into the new era in my life beginning with cleaning out the crap and because Steve and I had a hard time throwing things out I now pay for it. Damn...

No comments: