Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Sarah and Steve...


It can be frightful at times how much alike they were. They both loved animals, the outdoors, wind and rain storms, lightning and thunder but their politics weren't the same. It was something Sarah didn't let her Dad know and that was just as well. Her penchant for giving me a bad time, all in fun of course, is what makes her day and that is SO like Steve. He would frustrate me to no end at times and at others make me laugh till my sides ached. I believe he reveled in both. So when I told her that I was finding stuff I had no clue about or wondered what it was and that I was making a list to talk to him about the next time I visited him she laughed. Yes, it is a complaint list. She said she talks to Dad about me when she visits. I was hoping she would say she told him how much I miss him or how much I enjoy our grandson but no. Instead she said she tells him how I leave stuff on the couches, which drove him crazy, and there is no place to sit. To him I will say, things have changed a lot and not so much since he left us. We still love him like crazy and miss how much he loved to entertain us with his talk of politics or love of planes. So on occasion we roll our eyes or they glaze over in honor of those times...

No comments: