Thursday, November 26, 2009

Missing him...

Another first today. My first Thanksgiving without Steve. People wonder how you can be thankful after losing a loved one. It is hard I won't lie, but it is also easier when you are surrounded by those who loved him too. My dear sister-in-law Annette invited me and my girls (plus the hubby's) to Thanksgiving dinner today. It was wonderful. Lots of good food, family and fun games. I didn't participate in the infamous game of "Spoons" but did play "Family". What a blast we had. The evening didn't end as good as the day was for I had another one of those times where I couldn't stop crying. I keep asking myself is this what my life is going to be like from now on? Two hour bouts of crying followed by a bad headache is not my idea of a good time...

No comments: