Friday, June 8, 2007

Scraproom update...






It has taken quite a bit of time but I am so pleased with my work so far. I didn't think, silly me, to take the before pictures of the room but I still have some to go. I didn't want to show you the ones I do have yet as I would like you to see the before and after together. While my friend and neighbor Mary is doing the same with her room it never occurred to us to take the pictures. I guess it is because we were in such an overwhelmed state it was the last thing on our minds. I tried taking some of the pictures using my new found skills with my camera but I waited too late. The sun is on the west side of the house now and all I have is the light that comes in through the window and it isn't enough. The room is two colors of blue (Sarah's choice as it was her room) and my pictures all had a blue hue to them. I had to doctor them up with software, changing them to black and white, to make them look decent. So I took some more using the flash so you could see more detail. Absolutely love the rail system by Becky Higgins and Lisa Bearnson. My dear hubby put them up last weekend and now I have my silk flowers in reach instead of buried in a drawer. I made a cover for my cardstock rack so that the light does not fade the paper but I have to make a couple of adjustments to it before I put it up. The cube system I used is available at Craft Warehouse and Target. Two different companies, Simply Built at Craft Warehouse and JetMaxx at Target. Both of these product lines are similiarly made but have a couple of different items offered in their own lines and they can be found in the scrapbook aisles. **** I realized after having posted this that I made a mistake. The two cubes, on wheels, to the far right in the last picture are by a different manufacturer and I purchased those from Scrap Happens here in town. They are made to hold the 4" satchel cases that you can also purchase at the store. These can also be found in some scrapbook and sewing catalogs. You might notice I didn't use the top cube for the satchels, instead I put Karen Foster boxes in the cube.****

No comments: