Friday, August 20, 2010

She...


Is a mini dachshund. She is hyper (is that normal?), wants to love on everyone that comes into my house or is in close proximity to her, and is chewing on everything in sight. Bought the 'bitter apple' product and that seems to be working. But I would have to douse Cash in the stuff to stop her from nipping him. It annoys him to the point that he takes swings at her with his hand mostly. But I worry that he will one day hit her with some larger and likely to hurt. Today, I finally separated them by putting her in the kennel most of the day. She whined, he whined and I got an enormous headache. What in the world was I thinking when I agreed to bring her home with me. She is lovable, has a sweet disposition and is good company but has her downsides. Still misses the puppy pad when she 'poos' and though I have gotten bigger pads she still does it. I believe it is due to her length and the fact that she can't judge how far back her legs are in relation to the front ones. I also now have to get a sitter when I am away from the house any length of time. This is just like having a child. Her name is Princess.

No comments: