Monday, August 9, 2010

Longing...

It is the word Sarah used in her blog today to describe how she felt. I hadn't really used a good descriptive word to say how I feel about my current state of mind. She found it. I do 'long' to have more time with Steve. I feel it so deeply at times that it hurts to even breathe. I am just two weeks away from spending a second wedding anniversary without him. Unless you have experienced the loss of a spouse there is no way you can understand how this feels. The ache seeps into your very being and at times it is such a struggle to get on with the day.

So I force myself to remember what blessings I do have and it helps. The dear Lord knows that I didn't always make the wisest choices in life. So when I decided to start making them, he put Steve in my path. I resisted, I had been married before and it didn't end well. But Steve persisted and only God knows why. Steve gave me a wonderful married life for twenty-two years which he filled with love and laughter. I am so grateful to have my daughters and their families. To have Steve's family who are without a doubt simply the best.

So to my family and friends I say this; "Be grateful, thankful and forgiving because you never know what the future holds.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I know I can not begin to tell you how to feel- but I just wanted to let you know that my heart feels for you. You are so strong and unbelievably amazing. A true inspiration in the flesh. Keep him in your heart and he will never be "truly" gone.