Wednesday, September 2, 2009

One of my all time favorite photos...

It is such a close photo of Steve that it makes me want to reach into the screen and touch his face. This photo was taken by Sarah on their trip to California in 2006. It was the trip that included flying over Crater Lake and a trip to Castle Air Museum in Atwater. Steve arranged this trip to coincide with "open cockpit" day. One day a year, the last Sunday in May, they open the planes up for visitors to see inside. His plan was to take my Dad but our girls had already booked him for a Giants baseball game so my brother Tom went instead. Weather, the following two years prevented a return trip to take my Dad, this year was going to be that year...

ETA: Steve was flying N6931D at the time. He bought N9996D in October of the same year. I didn't realize that it had been two and half years since he had bought his plane until I looked at the record in his log book.

No comments: