Thursday, July 9, 2009

Wednesday wedding...

I attended a wedding yesterday afternoon at Beckenridge Vineyards in Dallas. It was a very pretty setting and very nice reception. As in a few weddings there was a brief altercation between families. Thank goodness most of the guests had left. The grandmother of the bride and the new mother-in-law got into over a floral table arrangement. It ended with the mother-in-law stomping off out of the building. Why do grownups choose settings like this to act like little children? I am proud to say that this didn't happen at Lisa's wedding and I hope it doesn't at Sarah's but the potential is there unfortunately. The kids have made some changes that may prompt some discussion from some of Nate's family. I told them to lay any of the blame on me, and that in my grieving state I made some requests that they can't say no to. It totally lets them off the hook and hopefully no one will be tacky enough to approach me about it.

No comments: