Tuesday, July 7, 2009

I hate insurance companies...


Okay, maybe that is a bit of a generalization but it speaks of my state of mind right now. I had to put Steve's estate into probate because I was not listed as an owner on his plane. Because of that small detail the insurance company would not proceed to pay off the loan on the plane or pay out on the small amount designated for the funeral. So paperwork has been started so that I can be named Steve's personal representative. What a royal pain in the back side. Though the insurance company is paying for the attorney it is still a nuisance. They have to post in the paper and send a contact letter to both Sarah and Pam Lusardi's husband Rob. They won't pay him unless he files for it. Don't even get me started on the life insurance people!! I have called and left messages and no one has responded to me. My bank account is getting pretty low and I see no early resolution. Damn...

No comments: