Saturday, July 16, 2011

The realization...

There are definitely going to be some things I will miss about living in the country. I will miss the beauty of the farms that are close by, the sunrises and sunsets on the horizons, and my fabulous neighbors and family. Though I have moved only about ten minutes away from the old house it is a big change. The upside of my move; no road noise from the 24/7 traffic, no constant dirt from fields being worked up, no pollen from the cottonwood trees or cars landing up in my pasture after they have driven off the road. I will miss the text messages from my neighbor Mary asking me to check and see if she closed her garage door, the impromptu visits from my nieces Evangeline and Estelle showing off their latest clothing purchase, and seeing my nephew Graham driving by on one of the tractors. 

In the trivia department I can boast that after 22 years of hearing farm equipment drive by, I can now identify the piece of equipment and its manufacturer correctly most of the time.  I can also identify young crops in a field, drive a car with a manual transmission and drive in the snow thanks to Steve. Though the latter two I never pursued because it wasn't a great experience.

In the new experience department I had hoped to do a great many new things with Steve instead I am doing them on my own and not really liking it but having to do it never the less. Watching Cash grow up and experience new things was something we had planned on doing together but now it is just me. Though a good many times I feel Steve's presence and know he is watching over all of us I would rather have him here physically to see what a wonderful little guy our grandson has become.

I won't have internet till Tuesday but my computer won't be moved till Wednesday sometime, as I am having some stuff done to consolidate programs on one versus three. So I will keep in touch by coming back to the old house as I still have internet here. I don't have TV's set up yet either so I am watching movies on my laptop till that happens on Tuesday. So I will post this for now and then do the next post when I am officially online at the new place. 

Spending my first night at my new house. I am  already feeling a little strange... 

No comments: