Thursday, March 17, 2011

Making more changes...

While deciding whether to put money into this old house to make it more livable for me and my bad knee a few things became abundantly clear to me. It was going to take a lot of money and also displace me out of my house for long periods of time while the house was being worked on. Talking to Mike and Chris, in-laws extraordinaire, they told me that doing all that would probably not add much value to the house because of it's age. With their considerable knowledge with these matters I got to thinking maybe I should be putting my money into something newer or at least something that didn't have to have a major remodel. 

Well wouldn't you know it they may have found my 'new' home. It is ranch style home built in the early 50's with an attached garage, fenced in back yard, newly refinished wood floors and a utility room with washer and dryer hookups. Biggest plus, it is all one level. I went over this afternoon and looked at it. I fell in love...