Friday, July 16, 2010

Things you dread...

As a mom or a grandma there are always things you wish you could do different. They are usually things that are everyday occurrences that you do and give no second thought to at all. For instance closing your front door with your infant inside and you realize you have locked yourself out. Closing your car door with your sleeping infant in her car seat and you spot the keys on the dash. Or like this morning, made myself a cup of coffee and put it on the table with the handle facing the edge. Cash has only recently started handing me things that he has taken off the table, like my water bottle or my portable phone. This morning he chose to grab the coffee cup handle and spilled hot coffee all over including on himself. Thank goodness Sarah is a very together mom because I freaked. He was mildly red on the spot that the coffee hit him and was only crying mostly due to my reaction. I cleaned up the spilled coffee while Sarah consoled Cash. Then she wiped and mopped the floor.

An incentive to really cleaning off my dining room table now. I have to reprint my class homework assignments. I also noticed that my class book has coffee on some of the pages and the dividers. Dang it.

Another thing coffee, eats the finish off a table if you don't get cleaned up fast...

No comments: